Sunny and I

Sunny and I

Sunny and I

Sunny and I

Juicy in his 15 minutes of fame on the stripper pole.

Juicy in his 15 minutes of fame on the stripper pole.

Cole and his donk

Cole and his donk

Cole and Gunther

Cole and Gunther

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thanks Sunny. Thanks a lot. Jerk.....

Fun times in the horse world. Put hay in tonight. Super cool activity that's a personal favorite of mine. You know why??? Who cares, I'm going to tell you anyway.

It's a great way to see the horses up close and personal. Real close and personal. I know my method of putting in hay is unique. Don't hate me for it or be jealous. :-). But truly, I swear I'm practically climbing underneath them or crawling around their big stinky feet. Don't ask, because I don't want to explain. Just believe me when I say you haven't experienced adrenaline until you've been caught in between the 2300 lb Percheron draft, Gunther, and my much smaller but much tougher thoroughbred mare, Nasty Bitch. Yes, that's her name, and come visit sometime and you'll figure out why in about two seconds. It's crazy that even at my age and with my beat to hell body that I'm able to leap on top of the four foot high round bale. Like I was doing the high jump and long jump at the same time, but even better than I was in high school.

And, I know those who know me will snort hysterically when they read this but I do try(occassionally) to clean up as I go along. Like picking up the net wrap from the previous bales. So, tonight, it's dark and I'm doing hay in my pasture, ducking and diving, and bobbing and weaving, when I spy a net wrap on the ground. I make a mental note to grab it in about three seconds. Three seconds later, blinded by my headlights, I'm at the net wrap. As I reach for it, I bump into something solid and furry. Ooh, I hope that's not Otis because he's either going to do another rain dance on my forehead or kick a front tooth out or something similar.

Nope, it's my boy, Sunny. For those who don't know him, Sunny is my 17.2 hand jumper. Big boy and with a big sense of humor. As I'm breathing a sigh of relief that it's him and not Otis, I register the fact that my hand is wet. And warm. What the heck? Mind you I'm still bent over and trying to pull the net wrap out of the frozen ground.

Why was it wet? And warm you ask?

Because, that was the exact spot that Sunny, the comedian, chose out of his fifteen acre pasture to pee. And that's why I bumped into him. Because he hadn't yet put down his copy of the Newsweek and moved on with his life yet. He was still peeing, on the net wrap, and very nearly on my head.

Thanks!!!! Love you too!!! Ewwwwwwww.......

On to Juicy. The purple halter pony!!! The little tubby guy was good today. I was able to catch him for both feedings today. Now, I don't catch him to feed him. Shoot, he lives on air. Nope, he and the donkey, Pepe, get tied up at feeding time. We call it "Assuming the position."

Oops, gotta run. My son is trying to wrestle me down in his best imitation of the fight scenes in the Indiana Jones movie they are watching.

Two days ago it was Rocky. Although, I'm sure those close to me would like me to move on as I've been playing the eye of the tiger song on youtube on my phone on speaker nonstop. And dancing. Not pretty.

Oh, by the way, I need help naming my chicken. He's not really mine. I hope. I was driving up front to go feed the front pasture a while back when I saw this chicken(that's huge by the way!) stroll down the street and right in my gates like he was just returning from his morning jog.

Apparently, he chose to take up residence in the neighbor's front yard and wake him every morning with a hearty cock a doodle doo.(Do roosters even really do that?)

The neighbor actually called animal control and Bob the animal guy came out and chased the chicken/rooster away. Right into my pasture it seems. So for about a month, I've had a gosh darn chicken/rooster living in my pasture with the horses. And those who know me know I hate chickens. I don't even eat chicken. Or yard bird, as my dad calls it. Whatever.

So, I need ideas on a name for the chicken.

And, now I really gotta go. Cole is still trying to wrestle me but he's added shoelaces and it's getting dangerous, for me, at least.

Night all. And Shelley, thanks. Ya lifer!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lifer.... ummmmm not so sure that's it... I believe it was more like SEASONAL!! ahaahaha

and ummmm my season well ... it DIED!

and yes.. ten years down the road... it will still be... "you're the reason.. KILLER" LMAO!!